When it comes to service industries, the best deals aren’t always best for consumers – and security services are certainly worth the cost. One security service homeowners may call upon is the help of a locksmith, but it’s important to seek out a reputable and reliable professional. According to America’s Lock experts, here’s how.
1. Consider dealing with a local company that has roots in the community they serve. A local locksmith service is preferable to national chains who may farm out work. This is also an excellent way to reduce the wait time and travel expenses.
2. Check references; ask friends, neighbors, and co-workers who they used and check on-line reviews.
3. Make sure that the locksmith can perform the job. Some locksmiths may be great for an automotive lock-out emergency, but they may not do residential work. Check the company's website or Yellow Pages.
4. Ask for an address (this may not apply to a mobile locksmith service) and check to see that it is a legitimate address. It is really important to check the signage of a mobile locksmith vehicle. A reputable company will have good signage on service vehicle.
5. Make sure that the company is licensed and check to see what professional organizations the locksmith company belongs to. Always ask for proper identification and check it with the locksmith office. Make sure that the company runs background and criminal checks on their employees.
6. Always use a company that is fully insured and bonded. This will protect your property should something go wrong.
7. Always ask for proper identification and check it with the locksmith office.
8. Get a written estimate. A telephone estimate should be available in an emergency, but make sure that the telephone estimate and the one you receive in writing are the same. Ask for all charges, including travel charges, minimum fees and after-hours work. Never sign a blank work authorization form.
Source: America’s Lock