If you’re a home owner, take a look at these energy-friendly tips. You’ll be lowering your bills and helping the environment all at once! Small changes can make a big difference!
Lighting & Electronics
- Switch to Energy Star CFL bulbs, which use 75% less energy and last up to 10 times longer than standard lightbulbs. This small change will make a big impact on your utility bill.
- Replace light switches with dimmers to save big throughout the year.
- Turn off electronics completely before going to bed. Many electronic devices, like computers, have a standby mode, but by powering down completely, you’ll help prevent the draw of extra electricity.
- Run a full dishwasher when you can. You’ll use less water than if you wash by hand, and you won’t be wasting water on an half-empty load.
- You can purchase a faucet water filter for around $30. Give up bottled water and use refillable bottles instead.
- Replace your showerhead to a unit with a lower flow – it could save up to $45 each month!
- A leaky faucet could be wasting over 50,000 gallons per year! Fix it and save!
- Washing machines use a large amount of energy on heating water – set the machine to cold to save energy!
Reuse And Recycle
- Roll up old magazines to stick inside boots to help your footwear keep its shape.
- Old jam and baby food jars are perfect for storage for small items like nails and screws, bobby pins, thumb tacks, and other small items – plus they look a lot nicer!
- Coffee Grounds can promote healthy plants! Spread your old grounds over your flower beds and watch your landscaping flourish!
0 comments on “Go Green At Home”